Addressing the complexities of wealth in today’s markets requires professional guidance, a disciplined process, and access to an extensive set of product and service solutions. Your Raymond James financial advisor can provide direction in implementing not only traditional investment solutions but also more sophisticated investment alternatives – both now and as your life and objectives change over time. These include:
- Professional Asset Management that utilizes advanced asset allocation techniques and carefully selected money managers across a range of equity and fixed income disciplines. The extensive research and resources of the Raymond James Asset Management Group and our disciplined, four-step consulting process provide you with an institutional-quality portfolio specifically designed to help achieve your long-term financial goals.
- Alternative Investments such as real estate, private equity, commodities, managed futures, structured products and hedge funds. The Raymond James Alternative Investments Group reviews and selects investments in this category, which can add diversification to portfolios, offer enhanced return potential and provide access to exclusive investment talent. Alternative investments involve specific risks that may be greater than those associated with traditional investments and may be offered only to clients who meet specific suitability requirements, including minimum-net-worth tests.
While all investors want to see their assets grow, capital preservation and risk management take on extra importance when you reach a certain level of wealth. Maintaining your standard of living, providing for your family, generating income with minimal tax consequences, safeguarding your wealth against unexpected events – these concerns have taken center stage. With access to extensive resources and specific expertise, your Raymond James financial advisor can help with all these issues – and others that may arise. Our services include:
- Asset Allocation – Asset allocation has been shown repeatedly to be the most important single determinant of overall investment performance – and risk. Choosing an appropriate mix of asset classes also can reduce portfolio volatility significantly. Your Raymond James financial advisor will make asset allocation a key component of your investment strategy, selecting a mix of asset classes that reflects your specific financial objectives, time horizon and tolerance for risk. Asset allocation and diversification does not assure a profit or protect against loss.
- Concentrated Equity Positions – Family wealth is often concentrated in a single stock, either inherited or earned during a successful business career. If you’re in this situation, there are many choices available to you beyond simply holding or selling the stock. Although reducing the inherent risk of a concentrated equity position can be complicated, your advisor has access to professionals at Raymond James who can provide a variety of solutions that can hedge, monetize, diversify or transfer the position while managing the tax implications.
- Insurance – Insurance can play a key role in protecting your wealth and providing for the ongoing needs of your family. Your financial advisor can work with the professionals in our wholly owned affiliate, Raymond James Insurance Group, to determine the types and degree of insurance protection best suited to your specific requirements. Raymond James provides access to a full range of products, from disability and long-term care to term and permanent life insurance policies for both personal and business needs. Depending on your specific situation, insurance strategies may also provide you with tax and wealth transfer benefits.
- Tax-Managed Investments – Wealth and taxes are inextricably linked, and erosion of net investment gains due to taxes is a real risk to sustaining wealth. Considering tax-advantaged investments such as municipal bonds and the tax impact of specific transactions can have a significant effect on what you pay and what you keep. Your advisor also can provide a custom analysis of all your investments – no matter where they are held – and help you structure a portfolio that reflects your specific tax profile. Build Your Legacy.
Building a Legacy
One of the most rewarding aspects of substantial wealth is being able to share it with others. Your Raymond James financial advisor, working with your legal and tax professionals, can help develop a plan that enables you to maintain the lifestyle you deserve now while also building a financial legacy.
- Estate Planning – A carefully crafted estate plan allows you to control your assets while passing your wealth on to your beneficiaries efficiently and in a manner that reflects your personal values and objectives. Raymond James provides a range of consulting services to help you and your advisor develop a customized estate plan, including wealth replacement strategies, complete trust services, tax strategies and more.
- Trust Services – The professionals at the Raymond James Trust have extensive experience with individual trusts as well as living, charitable remainder, life insurance, specialty and IRA rollover trusts. Together with your financial advisor, they can develop personalized solutions to your specific needs that also provide you with the objectivity and resources of a corporate trustee.
- Charitable Giving – When it’s strategically executed, charitable giving can not only help the organizations you choose, but can also generate personal tax benefits and advance your overall wealth management plan. Your Raymond James financial advisor can help you accomplish these goals with solutions that include private family foundations, charitable remainder trusts, charitable lead trusts, charitable gift annuities, and pooled-income and donor-advised funds.
- Education Funding – Funding a child or grandchild’s higher education may be a personally rewarding use of your wealth. Your Raymond James financial advisor can provide you with options for helping those you cherish that include custodian accounts for minors, section 529 college savings plans, sophisticated trust solutions and more.